Saturday 21 August 2010

What Lies Beneath

Watched it last night.
Stars Michelle Pheifer *i don't know how to spell that* and Harrison Ford.
Had three stars.

Sounds okay?

meh.

I'm not gonna lie, it did scare me but it had an okay end because it was a thriller and not a horror.

ok, so it was scary when you allowed yourself to get suckered in but watching it from a critic's point of view it wasn't ground breaking.

the creepy stuff was cliché...(hearing whispers, photoframes smashing, writing in the mirror, doors opening and closing...ON THEIR OWN ¬_¬)

Harrison Ford can't act. I'm sorry, i'm not a fan. At one point, he's injured but still trying to do something and it looks SO fake it's unbelievable.
(deliberately vague cuz i don't want to give away the plot if you plan on watching this)

Too Long. There were adverts but it was on from 9-11.40 and it could have ended comfortably about 40 minutes sooner...it just got really dragged out towards the end with laughable attempts at being creepy...

It's from 2000 so they used CGI for the sake of using CGI. For ten years ago it was actually pretty decent but i'm not a fan of directors who go 'I have money for special effects...look at my special affects...LOOK AT THEM'

errrrrm...worth watching, glad i can say i've seen it but don't think i'd bother watching it again and i wouldn't recommend that you bought it on blue ray or dvd but if there is NOTHING else on the telly *like we foud last night* give it a go...you might like it more than me!

JAMIE'S BACK!! and yup, that vid was funny...ange came through and he was like 'that's dumb' but then he stayed to the end of the vid and found it funny...so i reckon 'don't knock it til you've tried it?'

ooooooooooooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :D

Peace and love
xxxx
p.s decent film on tonigh!! ANCHORMAN xD LOVE IT

7 comments:

  1. Is it a bird?
    Is it a plane?
    No, it's Tommy, on a computer! Hehe :P
    Have a great holiday, I'll be watching Anchorman also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that film while up in Scotland! We were in my uncle's cottage, and he has no TV or anything, so we watched really strange DVDs like this one.

    It's an OK film. I liked the neighbour red herring, but I think it would have been best to keep it a thriller and remove the ghost segments, or at least make them scarier. Just my two pence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys have no idea how much i've missed getting your comments xD
    and tommy, the first contact you've had with an actual computer in eons *well...a few days...* and my blogs where you come to. I am flattered :P
    you probably went to a bunch of other websites too though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... that's for me to know and for you to ponder for the rest of your adult life. ^^
    But just keep on feeling flattered :D I love this blog! PARTY ON KAYTEI!
    Btw, did you get my e-mail? I return tomorrow so I need to start planning my week. Cheeaws

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tommy, I don't know if you will read this in time or will check your emails, but there is a town gathering happening tomorrow if you can come.

    I'll text you the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh! I *just* walked through the door to my house after six days and I read this :D That's so annoying!
    Sorry to abuse your comments page as such Kaytei! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahaha, no i love it!! xD I just saw SIX comments here...granted one's from me...and this'll be my second...but that's still five from elswhere *as in, you guys!!* and it's cool new stuff to read!!
    town was great today
    xxx

    ReplyDelete