Thursday 11 November 2010

Bowwwwww Bowwwwwww DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY

Best. Song. Ever

now, prepare yourselves for some major culture...poetry...in Latin...oh yes...I mocked its shortness but then felt hypocrytical ...and i actually quite like it now that i've read it...okay, here it is:

odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

okay, this is not a literal translation but we're told to translate with the english in mind and how it will work...'n' such...anyways, this is what we came up with:

I hate and I love. Perhaps you wonder why I should do that?
I do no know, but I feel it happening and it torchers me.

I like that.

It's by some bloke called Catullus and he didn't name his poems, just numbered them, like Shakespeare and his sonnets...this is number 85.

got everything i needed to for the christmas box :D hope rach brings the other half tomorrow...she will, she's vair reliable :P I got stickers, toothpaste and toothbrush and soap and flannel and bunny and book.

Ok...i did b1a today...i can't bear to ever retake it again so i better do okay this rime around. i mean, i didn't do badly last time, i just thinki can do better. Ben seems to think i'm dumb since i'm retaking though..what i think is dumb is not caring about making the effort to improve when you feel you can. so, screw ben and his cynicism which gets old very, very quickly.

ooooh, Big Bang Theory's on tonight...larrrv it :P
i'm liking the teacher's tashes for Movember, however, i think that as it's a charity thing, raising awareness for prostate cancer, i think that more male teachers should be participating (esp. since 1 in ten guys will get this...that's kinda scary...) and i also think that the female teachers should show will and support the men in school by wearing fake tashes. (i'm well aware that moustache ends in -tache but i like to write tash...since...well...i just do...deal with it)


A moment's silence for remembrance day.



Peace and love
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Great, you've outgrown the cynicism of Ben. This happened to me probably in Year 9 when he wouldn't stop... actually, I don't really remember the story, but it really got on my nerves for a second.

    ReplyDelete